As of October 2020, development has reached the last big milestone
(WEB UI rewrite).
After that, there will be a 'test && polish period', addressing issues
in the POST section (plus selected others where appropriate).
Most of these detailed "issues" are in a 'note to self' fashion (possibly hard to understand for outsiders).
Done issues will be removed from this list (consult the Debian changelog for done things).
- General clean up: CSS and templates.
- Harden against "dict has changed size during iteration" error: Select context, copy context.
- js, copy2clipboard
- API: Keep argument values per session?
- NEW/buster: django source order
- [WISH]: Web: Support per user or client time zone.
- [CHECK] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5147
- Link to parts of the build log via fragment to text/plain
- [WISH] Library of predefined sbuild --chroot-setup-command snippets (eatmydata, ccache)
- autopkgtest support?
- piuparts support?
- DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS vs DEB_BUILD_PROFILES
- [BUG]: When service is stopped, sbuild continues (try w/ chromium, it builds in 13h).
- [WISH] rm libeatmydata as default (?).
- [BUG]: When source switches to another archive, you can update the chroot via chroot.check().
However, this needs to be done manually (confusing). Maybe this can be done prior to building?
- [WISH] Better Daemon defaults for
- Build queue size
- Sbuild jobs: Is it safe to default to -j auto or -j N with N > 1 ???
- debhelper-based packages only actually use this if enabled explicitely ('dh --parallel')
- ?? Any cases where this could cause parallel builds where not wanted?
- [CHECK]: Can we use more finegrainded PRIOS on archives (instead of NotAutomatic, ButAutomo...)??
- [BISH]: auto-deactivation:
- When repo is (auto-)deactivated, API calls like show and search don't work any more either.
- When one source is auto-deactivated (likely for rolling unstable+testing), the whole repository is deactivated.
- Sources/Archives: Support partial arch archives (?)
- [WISH]: Timeout when checking sources (?)
- [WISH] Make passive ftp port range configurable.
- [FISH] Make use of [python3-]distro-info
- [FEAT]: Implement "wake remote" support.
- [FEAT]: config: Add "purge" action (bulk-delete instances) for chroots.
- notify: Admin notify on deactivated daemon.
- ->Daemon.notify for admin messages, repo.notify for packages.
- ->Daemon.notify for email, rest as before
- [BUG] model data: need restart?
- [BUG] Intermediate unpredicatble state of daemon instance:
- After Daemon instance creation and before any initial
_update_from_model() call, the singleton daemon instance is in
an unexpected state for some code (value set to None in
constructor). This may lead to confusing errors.
Reproduce: './devel update' with the sleep set to 1 seconds.
- CANNOT REPRODUCE: LOG: daemon.log (file log only) stops working after some time???
- CANNOT REPRODUCE: events: deadlock just calling events several times(?).
- CANNOT REPRODUCE: on portext: changes.gen_buildrequest: UnboundLocalError 'mini_buildd' on 'if f["md5sum"] == mini_buildd.misc.md5_of_file(p):'
- TEST mini-buildd-ssh-*-command setup.
- debconf (as late as possible, merge local branch).
- DOC: create Debian NEWS file from doc/NEWS
- [DOC] "../downgrade.buster-ab.pref" (if changing to '~9').
- [DOC] Quickstart, APT bootstrap: Test and check for jessie, stretch, buster.
- [BUG] twisted in unstable 18.9.0-11 does not work for events impl (?). 20.3 (exp) ok, 18.9 (buster) ok.
- CANT REPRODUCE: gpg-agent left-overs (?)
- CANT REPRODUCE: sbuild_kill, package building keeps running
- Keep status of packages/builds between shutdowns
- sbuild_kill: Leaves chroot snasphot?
- twisted warnings??
- Sometimes on shutdown: stacktrace: Request.finish called on a request after its connection was lost; use Request.notifyFinish to keep track of this.
- SSL: 2020-06-29 15:24:11,220 W: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/_sslverify.py:238: DeprecationWarning: NPN is deprecated. Protocols should switch to using ALPN.
- [CHECK] (unverified) How to change user upload permissions?
- ftps patches for dput/dput-ng.
- gbp: allow setting --distribution for --snapshot.